Sunday, August 26, 2012

D&R Apothecary *Blueberry Ice* + Kleancolor *Pastel Blue*

Hello out there in blog land! 

For my VERY FIRST post I'd like to show D&R Apothecary's 'Blueberry Ice' over Kleancolor Pastel Blue! I did this yesterday.... I started this manicure off with my usual prep: one coat of Kleancolor Calcium base followed by OPI Natural Nail base coat. Then for a base color I chose Kleancolor Pastel blue. I thought it was a nice choice, however this Kleancolor seemed like it was very goopy and somewhat hard to apply. The polish was drying in the bottle between nails and started to get this stringy quality! Well, that aside I managed to do two coats because the first left a few bald spots =/ I do really like my Kleancolors, just because I know the dry time will be really fast but sometimes its TOO fast. 

  •  FULL SUN

  • INDOOR LIGHTING

  • FULL SUN


After cleanup, I applied BLUEBERRY ICE and WOW this is one UNIQUE polish! As are most of D&Rs line up! It has tiny blue/white and a lil bit bigger than tiny white glitters mixed with large and small green holo hex with this stunning dark blue bar glitter!!! It is AHMAZING! So far with this polish I have noticed GREAT application and very fast dry time. By great application I mean you don't have to really mess around with the glitter to get them how you want. I had to fish for a few more bars in the end just because I love them so much and felt it needed more pizzazz! I waited for it to dry up pretty good before applying one thick coat of Seche Vite. I find the longer you wait between each coat, the less shrinkage you will have. I also applied another coat of SV today just because I wanted to make sure those bars weren't going anywhere! I did have one curl up (which was my fault for rough housing with the glitter lol) but I snipped with my super sharp and tiny craft scissors before the 2nd top coat! 

 I'm on a glitter binge right now so expect more GLITTER lol 

Whats your favorite polish with bar glitter in it? Tell me in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I love this polish it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Still looking good after this evenings dishes too... might be able to hold out another day til a fresh mani! Maaaaybe lol

      Delete