Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kleancolor *Pastel Teal* + PrettyandPolished *Sand Art*

Hello everyone! Finally found some time to paint yesterday so today I'll be showing you PrettyandPolished - Sand Art! over Kleancolor Pastel Teal. Although that links to her etsy page, this was bought from llarowe.

I started with my usual base prep; One coat of Kleancolor Calcium base, and one coat of OPI Natural Nail base.

Here's a link to my prep page! Complete with nekked nails lol.

After that I did two coats of Kleancolor Pastel Teal. I LOVE PASTEL COLORS!!! Especially this one, it always seems like a good base color to just about everything. The formula is better on the Teal than the Pastel Blue. Or I got a bad bottle of the Pastel Blue, either way this is my second bottle of the Teal and both applied fab.




So I got the base color on and let it dry *adequately* between coats. Which means about 15 mins between my color coats. I do this because it prevents shrinkage. See, as the polish dries it can 'shrink' up, taking anything underneath it, if it wasn't dry enough, right along with it! Seche does this also, thats why its good to wait a while before applying Seche, as nerve racking as that can be! Gently rest your finger on your nail to see if its dry and if it leaves a finger print impression, wait longer! To fix any booboos you can lick your finger and just rub it back into place. That's how I fix any accidents. If it doesn't leave an impression and you think you can test it by kind of tapping it with another nail to see if it makes that 'its dry!' sound, then you're good to go for another coat! After the second coat is dry, take a small nail art brush, dip into acetone and clean up where necessary around the cuticle area. I leave a lot of space between the polish and the cuticle. Its just personal preference really...

Now onto Sand Art! I'm going to put an exclamation point at the end of that one because WOW it is a very exciting polish! It has matte pink, purple, blue, and green hex/round glitters. Stunning. Great application. Reminds me of Floam but with more color. After that was dry (and it did dry matte with quite a bit of texture) I applied one coat of Seche Vite dry fast top coat.  It is 'thirsty polish' and even after one thick coat of SV it still had a lil bumpiness to it. Which is okay with me, I don't mind it.


Again, this mani was done yesterday so forgive the lil bit of tip wear!



Here it is in full sunlight:



I love the bigger purple dots in it and it reminds me of something Easter-y. Not just because of the Pastel Teal, but because of the speckled effect! Like those little candy eggs.



Here's a super duper up close of the glitters.





And as I was taking pictures a cloud happened to pass by, so here it is in the shade too!










Overall this is a great eye catcher and I just adore the speckled look! I think I will wear it for a few more days even though I have a few bottles of *D&R Apothecary's/hitpolish* I've been dying to get to!

What do you think about tiny glitter polish? 


No comments:

Post a Comment